"Honoring Chuck Marting, Photographer," an exhibition of black-and-white photographs by the Asheville Traditional Photographers Group, is on display through September 29 in Ramsey Library Blowers Gallery.
Geshe Lobsang Tenzin Negi, the founder and spiritual director of the Atlanta-based Drepung Loseling Monastery, Inc., and biological anthropologist Jennifer Mascaro will lead "The Heart and Science of Compassion."
A Tribe Called Red, a native Canadian music group that blends cutting-edge electronic music with traditional pow wow vocals and drumming, will perform at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 24 at UNC Asheville’s Lipinsky Auditorium.
Submit your announcement about UNC Asheville events, people and programs here. Announcements will be reviewed and posted by date received. Read more about Announcement guidelines
- UNC Asheville Biofeedback Center Reopens UNC Asheville's Biofeedback Center has reopened and appointments can be made online Posted:
- Dan Rice at Black Mountain College: Painter Among the Poets This exhibition, at the Black Mountain College Museum + Arts Center in downtown Asheville and... Posted:
- Forum on Ferguson Set for Sept. 3 A "Forum on Ferguson" will be held on Wednesday, September 3 at 11:25 a.m. in Highsmith... Posted:
- Student Volunteer Opportunity for Our VOICE 40th Anniversary Event “40 Years of Starting Conversations,” will be held at the Diana Wortham Theatre and feature keynote... Posted:
- Generative Beauty Workshop on September 12 Takashi Iba of Japan (and some of his grad students) will be visiting UNC Asheville to work with... Posted:
- Welcome Reception for Interim Chancellor Doug Orr Celebrate the beginning of the semester by joining with your colleagues to welcome Doug Orr, who... Posted: